February 25, 2013

Japanese x & + Block

Have you seen this cool tutorial by Badskirt Amy? It is for the Japanese x & + Block, which was inspired by Setsuko Inawaga's submission to the Tokyo Quilt Festival. 

I am thinking of using some of these cute blocks for a swap item in the near future so I decided to make a practice block tonight. I like how it turned out... even tho it was a little smaller than hers when I squared it up because I can't sew straight to save my life ;-)


I am thinking of making this one into a mug rug with a grey border around it. We'll see tho... for now it is just a happy practice block hanging out on my cutting board. 

I really should be packing because we are heading to Germany for a quick trip to visit the in-laws and I haven't cleaned nor packed at all.... but that is what tomorrow night is for right?? :) 

Wishing everyone a lovely week and I'll catch you when we get back later on! Happy Sewing!