February 21, 2013

Locked & Loaded Bag ~ A SewSweetness Pattern

My friend Sara of SewSweetness has been on fire lately creating awesome new bag patterns! She released another one today ~ The Locked & Loaded Bag. For more information about the pattern and to check out the loveliness here from all of her testers, click here.

I was lucky enough to get to be one of her testers and I will tell you - I LOVE this bag! It was a lot easier and faster to put together than the Dot Dot Dash, as there are no external zippers or top zipper panel to wrestle. The interfacing is the same in both bags, Annie's Soft and Stable, and I really like how it gives the bags such great form and stability without being stiff or crunchy.



If the Dot Dot Dash makes you a little nervous, I would definitely suggest trying out the Locked & Loaded bag first ~ there are a lot of similarities as far as construction and interfacing, but I think this one is more intermediate level and less complicated to tackle... as well as being good practice for moving up to the dot dot dash next if you so desire.

I was a little nervous about the twist lock on the front but it is super easy to put in following Sara's instructions and looks super fancy when finished! I also really like the little flap at the top because it gives you the chance to add in a second fun fabric ~ like I did with the hedgies... love those hedgies!



I've been using this bag for the past 2 weeks and upsetting all my Vera Bradley bags :) It is just so cute and holds so much! For reference, here is a picture of it open in front of my sewing machine... it is a big bag!



If you are looking for an intermediate level pattern to make a lovely large bag  and try out some new things like an adjustable strap, inner zipper pocket, and twist lock closure... this is the pattern for you! And for me... I will definitely be making another one of these in the future :)

Stay tuned for more reviews of Sara's bags in the future ~ I love this girl's style and can't wait to see what she will come out with next!

2 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, love the wee hedgehogs!

Anonymous said...

I think it was a good idea to pick only one fabric for this bag. I love love love the hedgehogs !