September 11, 2011

I'm back!

Hi all! Back from Alaska in one piece! It was a fabulous vacation and we had a great time exploring and hanging out with my good friend. Will post more about it on my family blog this week and pass on the link if anyone is interested.

I was able to get some minor crafting done today and finished up the last block for my 4 x 5 Bee on Flikr:





I will admit that it is not my favorite out of the bunch... but I still think it is ok. What do you think? She chose Chartreuse green, yellow and aqua.

Here is the full set for this round:

4 x 5 Bee - round 1 for me

The top 2 are by far my favorite and somehow the first one with the hippo remained my favorite overall. I'll be a good girl and mail them out tomorrow instead of keeping them for my own quilt tho, hehe. I've really enjoyed this bee - will definitely be signing up for the next round in October.

While I was on vacation the Pillow Talk Swap 6 sign-ups opened and a blogger friend was nice enough to sign me up. Sooooo excited about this swap! Here is my inspiration mosaic for it:

Pillow Talk Swap

Can you tell I'm hoping for hexagons? haha. Even if not, whatever I get will be awesome because everyone is so talented in this group! Really hope I can bring my A game and create something wonderful for my partner. I have fabric coming later this week and lots of ideas brewing.

My swap package for the For the Love of Solids swap needs to go out tomorrow too. There are so many awesome projects in that swap picture pool, I can't wait to see what I will receive! Will be waiting in anticipation every day this week for the mail, I am sure :) Here is what I am sending my partner:


 The squirrel may seem a little random but I promise there is a reason behind it. Hoping my partner loves him as much as I do!

... so yea, 2 swaps completed, 1 in plotting mode and the second round of the 4 x 5 bee to start in November... all in all a productive month so far.

Speaking of productivity tho, I really need to kick it into high gear on my charity quilts project - all need to be finished by Oct. 22nd! I have 1 complete, 3 tops done, and 1 not started at all.... 6 more weeks, wish me luck!

Charity tops to quilt & finish:

Number 1 


Number 2

Number 3

Linking up with:  sew many ways  {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations  

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

13 comments:

Debbie said...

wow, you have an amazing amount of goodies to show with being gone on vacation! Lovely! Glad you had a good time - welcome home!

KellyS said...

Love those bee blocks! I need to try some wonky log cabins someday, along with a lot of other techniques. I LOVE your hexie pillow inspirations, especially #3 and #5. You are ambitious!! 5 charity quilts at once! Good luck with getting them all done on time!

Joy said...

Welcome back! I have to say, I love those little birds the most! :D

Megan said...

LOTS of great things! :) Love your FTLOS package! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

Laura said...

love those crazy log cabins!

Laura said...

You have been busy! How do you get so much done? I love the bee blocks! I like that you used a cute item in the center of each one.

Andrea @ Sew Divertimento said...

What a fun post!! I don't think the first block is that bad, although I do like the orange and blue ones the best too. Maybe its just the lack of contrasting colors in the green/yellow/blue. It all matches a bit much, BUT still cute!!! =) They are all such fun and scrappy blocks!

All of the hexagon pics make me drool! I have two jars of hexagons waiting for me to make something....

Anyway! it was a fun trip to your blog! new follower!!

www.sewdivertimento.blogspot.com

CityHouseStudio said...

love those bee blocks - so awesome!

Ruth said...

Those bee blocks are lovely - they are going to look fabulous all together!

Anonymous said...

Look at you, I am way impressed with everything! I love the bee blocks especially! I think the gray/aqua is my favorite one.

Rebecca Lynne said...

I am digging those blocks! I wish I had the guts to start something like that...I am just afraid I will "mess it up" I suppose it is something I need to just jump into and realize...is there really messing up to be done?

Great mosaic for the swap. Makes me want to make a pillow!

The Thompsons said...

Your bee blocks look great together. I like the colors.

Leanne said...

Lovely work! I think all of your blocks are fun and I love your solids package!