December 21, 2011

A few favorites from 2011....

I have been sewing and quilting for 18 months now. The second half of 2010 was devoted to quilts and pillows, made a lot of cute things for friends and family. 2011 was super busy making 4 charity quilts and participating in lots of swaps and bees. I feel like I have learned so much tho! Here are a few of my favorite things from this year:

A few favorites from 2011


Drunkards path, dresden, applique, swoon block, sprocket pillows, pouches and purses, crazy block, flying geese, AND a king sized quilt... yep, I sure tried and learned a lot this year!

Last year around this time I posted some crafty goals for 2011 - Let's see how I did:

(YES)
  • Learn to applique
(Yes/No - took a class, need to practice more!)
  • Learn to free motion quilt (the type that doesn't look like I puked stitches on the project)
(No)
  • Try paper piecing hexagons - even if just for a small project
(Yes/No - a few, need to do more)
  • Work on my "monster/creature" line of stuffies
(No but I did 4 charity quilts, a baby quilt, and a king sized quilt so I think I am good)
  • Finish 1 quilt each month
(Maybe not every month, but I think I did ok here)
  • Craft and document one non-quilting project each month to keep my love of crafts as diverse as it has always been

 So... what will my goals for 2012 be??... we shall see!

No comments: