June 17, 2012

Thank goodness for Flikr!

I think without flikr I would forget that I even have anything to blog about - I never have time to sit down and blog right after I take pictures. Here is a little eye candy for you all tho on this overcast Sunday afternoon:

I received my Modern She Made swap item a week + ago and it totally made my day! Such an awesome package from Sunni:

Modern She Made Swap - so spoiled!!

These stacking baskets are the best and I love how each one is unique with the circle stamp, hexagons, and o yes - my blog name embroidered on the front of one of them - so cute!
From the snaps and raw edges to the coordinating handles and the orange/aqua/grey colorway, these are just so perfect for me! *swoon* She did an awesome job!

Modern She Made - Stacking Baskets = LOVE :)

She also sent along the really cool Zakka Style book you see above and 2 Melody Miller type writer prints. I've been coveting this book for a bit and was waiting for it to go on sale later this year - so glad to have it and I've been plotting projects in it ever since! Thanks so much Sunni for being such a great partner! Now to find cool projects for those typewriters... hmmmm :)

I'm done with swaps for now but I am still in my Bee a Modern Swapper - Bee. We've had some personal issues with the ladies in our group and my heart and prayers go out to all of them. We're taking a break for July but hopefully things will calm down in their lives and the rest of us who've stayed will have a good rest of the year together.

My month was the first - March - and here are the blocks I've received so far for my "Picnic Quilt":

Bee a Modern Swapper Blocks

Such an awesome mix of paper piecing and applique - my group is so talented!! I feel absolutely spoiled and am not sure what to do with these beauties. I have a couple more on the way still so maybe that will force me to make a few more on my own to expand this quilt a bit. Right now it would be 36 x 36 and something this lovely is not getting made into a baby blanket to be drooled on lol. We shall see what their destiny is... for now I'm enjoying them on my design wall in my craft room.

Last but not least, I've been playing with my Bee blocks from this year and last from the 4 x 5 and 3 x 6 bees. I made a few of my own and had a few made for me by friends and I absolutely love the way they all look together. That open center space is for a swoon block I'm hoping to finish today.

Orange Aqua Grey Sampler Quilt

First it looks like I should clean up my bedroom tho - yikes, what a mess! haha

Aren't these blocks lovely? This Orange/Aqua/Grey Sampler quilt is definitely going to be one of my favorites when I am done with it! I'm using this quilt as my submission for this month of the "My Precious QAL" - 2 of the blocks I made for this quilt used my hoarded Heather Ross Fabric and the center swoon block will also. Several of the others made by my bee partners use pieces of HR which I love!!

Off to do some chores and get started on the Swoon block. Hope your weekends are lovely and full of fun - the crafty kind or otherwise :)

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Great swap goodies!
Loving those quilt blocks. The toadstool is so awesome! =D

**nicke... said...

flickr gets me in trouble! xo :) love all your swag! lucky duck!

Lynette said...

Oh, I just love your "picnic" blocks - they play so well together!