January 1, 2011

First craft of 2011!

Crafty Goal #1 for 2011: Make a non-quilt craft project each month

I have always loved crafts, even before I got into quilting this past summer, and I want to make sure I don't lose that creativity by focusing solely on quilting in my spare time. There are tons of crafts on my to-do list and they definitely deserve a bit of time each month.

So without further ado, here is my first craft of the new year: Chuckles :)

 Chuckles comes from a book called "Softies only a mother could love". He is pretty close to the pattern, with a few personal-preference modifications. A super quick and fun project, Chuckles becomes #2 of my "monster crew". Many more to come, I assure you.





A quick paper-traced template, some fun layered bug eyes and teeth hand sew on, a quick run through the sewing machine, stuff, hand sew him up and voila! - you have a dog/rat/aardvark mutant with an adorable overbite ready for your amusement haha.  

So happy 2011 everyone and lets all welcome Chuckles into what is going to be a GREAT year :)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Adorable!

Millie Motts said...

Monster Crew - they've got their own posse! LOVE it.

JenB said...

I think I love Chuckles

Tiffany said...

Haha, I will pass on the message Jen - he will be glad to know he has a fan club. Please, no stalking :)