January 27, 2012

UFOs and WIPs - to finish in 2012

I joined a fun flikr group to get motivated to work on my UFOs, you can find it here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/projectufo/pool/with/6770349523/

Seeing everyone else's mosaics was a good reminder to me of these 2012 crafty goals that I made only a few weeks ago but have not done anything about! http://www.thiscraftyfox.blogspot.com/2012/01/hello-2012-here-is-what-i-expect-from.html

So - in an effort to get organized and motivated, here are my UFOs and current WIPs I want to get done this year:

UFOs and Current WIPS

The top 4 are finished quilt tops that need to get quilted - trying to do one each quarter in the hopes that I will be able to do them without too much stress. First up is my pink stripey quilt in the top left corner - basted and just waiting for me to get going!

The next 2 are QALs that I started and never finished, followed by my hubby's quilt, my sherbet pips quilt, and an hourglass quilt for our bed. Lots to work on if I get sick of quilting!

A few little projects that I have started recently made their way onto this list because I need to wait to purchase more supplies but don't want to forget about them and let them become UFOs.

On top of all of this, I have 2 Christmas presents still to start/finish, 2 swaps and a year long bee I am participating in. Busy busy but maybe seeing all of these great projects will remind me to work on them and not start anything new haha.

That is another goal I am making right now too - to stop buying fabric for new projects and finish up old ones. I am not allow myself to start anything new for myself until something on this list gets finished!

Wish me luck - and good luck to you on your WIPs and UFOs, may your piles grow smaller, not larger! :)

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Good idea to use a flikr collage for motivation. :D

Diane Bohn said...

Everything about that is a good idea! I've also made it a goal to finish things before I start new one's, but obviously have failed miserably with all the swaps i've joined. Lol. I'm still planning on finishing things in the middle of it all though. Maybe I'll have to head over and join that group to keep me motivated! Thanks!

Lyanna said...

I like the idea of joining a group to get UFOs done! Maybe I should consider it, I might actually get some of them done...

Trying to commit to not starting anything new until something is finished is a tough one for me, I'm really good at sneaking in small projects and 'not counting them'. Hahaha, I guess I just need to get more committed.

I love you're stripey one that's in the upper left corner, very cute. And the giant bug is pretty cool, what are you planning to do with that?

Raggy Rat said...

what a lot of lovely colourful projects xxx