April 14, 2012

New Blocks - on a roll today!

Somehow I had such a productive day today! I went to a baby shower, did my homework, made 3 quilt blocks, and used the elliptical for an hour - what an awesome Saturday! No cleaning got done and that was on the list... but o well... I can blame that on the homework, not the fun stuff, right? hehe

Here are some blocks I was working on today - all 3 are for my "Orange, Aqua, Grey" quilt which will be made 50% from bee blocks I received last year.

First Granny Square Block
Granny Square Block


Mendocino Long Log Cabin Block
Long Log Cabin Block - using my 1st piece of Mendocino I received as an "extra" in a swap last year!


HR Dogs - Joseph's Block
Orange Joseph's Block - Love those HR puppies!
I want to make a quilt just like this - with a swoon block in the center and my bee blocks all around it:


October 2011 Grace Purple & Grey Star Quilt
Picture from Colleenamarena on Flikr
I think it might end up being too small if I do this tho. I could add a border.. or I could add another row on each side and another column on each side... we shall see. I still need to make the swoon block and 5 or 6 more just to make one as big as above, so I have some time to think about it. 

Hope you all had a productive or at least enjoyable Saturday too!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

I love all of your blocks. I am working on a bee block right now, and the recipient's colors are orange and aqua with a grey background. :o) Also, that quilt looks really good with a swoon in the middle! Can't wait to see yours if you do it that way. Hope you're having a great weekend! xo

Impera_Magna said...

Great blocks... a girl NEEDS her creative time, yes?

That is a cool quilt with the Swoon block in the middle... looking forward to watching your version evolve!

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for productive days. I got an entire New York Beauty done, but it was a long slog lol

Mary said...

I had to work this weekend. So, no productivity.

I agree that the quilt needs another column on each side. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Craft Couture by T.C. said...

love the "orange, aqua, grey" combination..all the blocks are so pretty! I can't wait to see how your finished quilt will turn out..exciting :)

Cherie said...

Love the block colour combos! Really eye catching! Can;t wait to see how you make the quilt! =D

Caitlin said...

When we move to Delaware (in August), can I make a quilt just like that with you? Ah! I envy all your projects - so fun!

Tiffany said...

Caitlin (you are a no-reply blogger so I can't respond to you directly)
Cool that you are moving back to DE soon! Can't wait to see you!! :)

Diane Bohn said...

Hooray for productive days! :) I love your blocks! :) I think your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I am just finishing up my *last* bee block. wink wink. :)